Are you planning a wedding during Covid?
We understand this is stressful!
We are here to take your stress away!!
The safety strategies below will help make your dream wedding day be everything you’ve imagined, all while keeping every guest covid safe!
The following suggestions are from your Professional Wedding Specialist at SoHo, invested in helping you plan and execute your dream wedding day!
Choosing your vendors
• Before signing with vendors, including wedding planners, venues, etc.… Ask questions about specific requirements or restrictions the venue may have, as well as their policy for postponing if plans change due to Covid.
• If you’re willing to consider it, ask about outdoor options for your chosen venue as well as contingency plans if weather becomes an issue for an outdoor event. Otherwise, be sure your venue has enough indoor space to accommodate social distancing as much as possible.
• Make sure all vendors are aware of covid restrictions in place at your venue. Also, communicate your own safety precaution expectations with all your vendors.
Communication is essential when considering Covid Safety
• A perfect way to communicate effectively, easily, and efficiently is to create a fabulous wedding website! Everyone involved in your wedding, including all vendors, and guests will see changes related to your wedding due to covid and other important information as quick as a click of a mouse!
You can create your perfect wedding website for free on the knot.com! The Knot will even let you pick your own beautiful, wedding theme! So have fun creating and keep the important, wedding related communication open to everyone!
When Your Wedding Day Arrives
Your wedding may look a little different than your pre-covid visions, however your beautiful wedding day will be just as magical!
Consider the following covid friendly tips:
• If masks are required, have stylish masks custom designed to fit your wedding theme! Give the fabulous masks at the door as thoughtful wedding favors! You can also include small, freshly scented hand sanitizers, with colorful, custom labels created just for your dream wedding day!
• During cocktail hour, your serving staff will set up various, beautiful grazing tables and displays of scrumptious hors d’oeuvres in lieu of passed hors d’oeuvres. Each station will be staffed by one professional server who will prepare delightful, individual appetizer plates for your guests. Service ware will be handled by one server wearing protective, food service gloves. This will prevent germs spreading from one guest to the next.
• Have extra seating and cocktail tables spread spaciously throughout your cocktail hour. This will allow your guests to mingle in smaller groups.
• Have professional, uniformed, cocktail servers are on hand to take guests’ drink orders, cutting down on guests crowding the bar.
• For dinner, except for the wedding party, allow guests to choose who they sit with, as they will likely choose members of their same household or close family and friends.
• Plan more tables with smaller seating capacity as opposed to tables that seat eight or ten people. This will allow a wonderful, warm, cozy feel for your guests, all while being safe.
• If opting for a buffet dinner, the serving staff will place delicious food on your guests’ plates as they choose, allowing only the professional server to be the one touching the service utensil and preventing germs from passing to guests.
• Have your DJ or MC call guests by table or section to avoid a large group at the buffet all at once. This will allow more time for guests to mingle at their tables and be safe!
• When it’s time to turn on that fabulous, party dance music, opt for a spacious dance floor or several smaller dance floor areas where couples or close friends could dance and get their celebration on together!
It’s time to start thinking about celebrating with family and friends again! SoHo is ready to help with a customized service package that will work with your specific safety needs. Call us today to discuss your magical wedding and allow us to alleviate your concerns regarding the food and beverage safety aspect of your dream wedding day!!
Bonus SoHo Tip:
If you’re in the first steps of planning your dream wedding, book your venue and vendors sooner rather than later. Almost half of couples who planned to get married in 2020 chose to postpone their ceremonies until 2021 and 2022, according to sites such as Wedding Wire, The Knot, and Brides.com. Given these numbers, the expectation is that late 2021 and all of 2022 will be extraordinarily busy during wedding season. To make sure you keep your preferred date and venue, it’s highly recommended to book as soon as possible!